Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Rush for Health Care

With Obama's recent surge to pass the health care reform, it makes you think whether he's actually thinking long term and not just short term. I mean, I know that our health care does need reform, its not perfect like most things. But his simple stubbornness to simply wave things along as if the things he is doing will have no consequences is a real danger to how we approach situations like this. The White House released a draft on the newest revision to the bill on their web site. This version has expanded the tax cuts to middle class Americans with a annual income roughly of $55k - $88k. The new bill also seems to be more geared to help our deficit supposedly by $100 billion dollars. The newest changes can be found here http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting/proposal/whatsnew/overview . Even still I'm no politician and I don't have a hard copy of the actual bill, but from my point of view the president is getting closer to hammering out the rough spots. I just wish he wouldn't rush these kind of things through, if we are going to change our health care then we need to do it right, or not at all. I believe that this debate has made our country stronger without a doubt, we going through a trial of fire, and just like gold we will come out more genuine and have more patriotic shine. Thank God for Democrats, Republicans, and every other politician that challenges our leaders actions, because it is just one of our great nation's virtues that make us stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment